Feed your family with this complete breakfast, using one Cast Iron skillet. Easy & Tasty.
Serves: 4 Time: 35 minutes
- 1 bunch Foxy Organic Red Chard
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 jar (680 mL) strained puréed tomatoes (passata)
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Crusty Italian bread, sliced and toast
- Trim 3 to 4 inches from bottom of red chard to remove rough stalks; discard. Remove ribs from leaves; finely chop and set aside. Finely chop leaves; set aside.
- In ovenproof 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat, sauté reserved chard ribs, garlic, onion and hot pepper flakes for 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in tomato paste, salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to simmer and stir in chard leaves; cook for 1 or 2 minutes or until slightly wilted.
- Using a spoon, make 8 divots in the sauce; crack one egg into each divot. Transfer to oven; bake in preheated 400°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until egg whites are set but yolks are still runny. Garnish with parsley. Serve with bread