SUPPORTING THE FUTURE OF AGRIBUSINESS
Exclusive to students affiliated with active UnitedAg member companies (Regular or Associate level) in any major of study, the program offers financial assistance to students seeking degrees at the college/university levels. This year, forty scholarships will be awarded a total of $86,000 in grants.
What Do I Need to Apply?
A two-page essay with a one-page bibliography
3 Letters of Rec.
(Minimum 2.5 GPA)*
*All applicants must have a current term GPA of 2.5 or higher to be eligible for a scholarship award.
- Who is eligible to apply for AEF’s Scholarship program?
All applicants must be affiliated with an active UnitedAg member company (Regular or Associate level) either as self, spouse, child or grandchild of the employee. They must submit all the documentation mentioned in the section above and have a minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher (current term). No exceptions will be made.
- Do I have to be a health plan participant in order for my spouse or child to qualify for the scholarship program?
No, the applicant does not have to have health benefits with UnitedAg BUT must be an active UnitedAg member (Regular or Associate level) to be eligible to apply for the scholarship program.-
- Can a niece or nephew of a member apply for a scholarship?
No, applicants must be affiliated with an active UnitedAg member company (Regular or Associate level) either as self, spouse, child or grandchild of the employee.
- Is the scholarship program only eligible to students whose major is in the Agricultural industry?
No, it does not matter what field of study the student is majoring in.
- Is there a minimum GPA (grade point average) to apply?
Yes, all applicants must meet a minimum requirement of a 2.5 GPA (current term) to be considered eligible. Your application will automatically be disqualified if your current term GPA is less than 2.5.
- Will my application still be eligible if I don’t submit all the required documents?
No, all required documents must be submitted by the deadline date or your application will be automatically disqualified.
- Is an unofficial GPA transcript eligible?
Yes, an unofficial GPA transcript is eligible. However, please be aware of the minimum 2.5 GPA (current term) requirement. Your application will automatically be disqualified if your current term GPA is less than 2.5.
- Verification of Authenticity and Plagiarism: With the rise of AI writing tools, we will use an AI detection tool to review all submitted essays. If any AI plagiarism is detected, it is subject to automatic disqualification.
- What are the requirements for my video statement?
Your video statement should not exceed three (3) minutes in length. Please upload it to a video sharing platform such as YouTube or Vimeo. Your video statement gives you the opportunity to tell us more about yourself, in your voice, beyond the information you provided in your application.
- Am I required to attend the in-person award ceremony in the Spring?
We strongly encourage the award recipient or a family member to attend the ceremony, as the award check will be presented in person.
If you have questions, email Jessica Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.223.4590.