2 pounds baby cauliflower or romanesco
1½ cups flour
1 tbsp. lemon zest, plus lemon wedges for serving
1 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. cayenne
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Canola oil, for frying
Roughly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add cauliflower and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer to an ice bath until chilled; drain and dry completely with paper towels.
- Heat 2" oil in a 6-qt. saucepan until a deep fry thermometer reads 350°.
- Mix together flour, zest, turmeric, cayenne, salt and pepper to a shallow baking dish.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl.
- Working in batches, dip cauliflower in flour, shaking off excess, then egg, and once again in flour.
- Fry, flipping as needed until golden and crisp, 30 seconds - 1 minute.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain; season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Thank you Babe Farms!