- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 4 coins ginger, about ¼ inch thick
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- Pinch granulated sugar
- 1 bunch Foxy Sweet Baby Broccoli
- 1/4 lb shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 4 pkg ramen noodles, spice packets discarded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 4 soft-cooked eggs, halved
- In saucepan set over medium heat, bring vegetable broth, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, Chinese five-spice powder and sugar to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for about 10 minutes or until fragrant.
- Meanwhile, trim woody stems of broccoli. Return broth mixture to boil; add broccoli, mushrooms and carrots. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in boiling water, cook ramen noodles for 1 minute. Drain; divide among 4 large soup bowls. Ladle broth over noodles and top with vegetables. Garnish with green onions and soft-cooked eggs.
Tip: To cook soft-cooked eggs, place eggs in saucepan and add enough cold water to cover; bring to boil over medium-high heat. Cover; turn off heat and let stand for 1 minute. Run under cold water and peel.
Source: Foxy Produce, www.foxy.com