Assistant Supervisor, Member Services
The role supports the supervision of the daily operations of member service staff, supports the training, development, coaching and supervision of the Member Services team. This role partners with the Member Services Supervisor to support team activities, ensure accuracy and efficiency of information and address any escalated issues.
The responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Support the daily operations workflow, resolutions of operations issues, identify workflow concerns
- Direct and assist on day-to-day aspects of the call center
- Assists in supervising the member service representatives and team leads
- Creates meeting agendas, content and leads meetings as needed for Member Services
- Leads monthly performance meetings based on the performance expectations
- Will be the acting Supervisor over Member Services department when the Supervisor is out
- Oversee the scheduling for the Member Services team to ensure sufficient coverage and flexibility for business needs
- Oversee call center’s call flows, department’s multiple phone lines using established scripts, protocols, caller issues and service processes
- Manages call volume, call volume by group, call volume for Teladoc, abandonment rate, call waiting times, etc.
- Reviews call logs daily, avoids misquotes, shares disclaimers
- Train new team in delivering stellar service, member retention, processes, how benefits will pay and any new plan updates
- Project Management: Initiates, and provides support on improvements, process improvements for department
- Analyzes reports, performance statistics of member service department, systems, and data analytics for department
- Creates and communicates new information to the team as needed
- Support MS Advocate Program
- Supports the teams’ performance towards departmental goals achieved in a timely manner
- Delivers constructive feedback and instruction to the team, provides staff with coaching and corrective action and document as needed
- Supports the staffing as needed to participate in the hiring and on boarding process
- Participate and contribute towards team and departmental meetings
- Preform additional duties as assigned
Typical essential skills include and are not limited to:
- 6 years or more years of years of health care leadership
- Expertise in leading a healthcare team,
- Expertise in leading a team in a call center setting; phone center experience
- Background in health care and claims related to position and expertise in medical terminology.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; college level course work preferred in Healthcare Administration.
- Experience in: Medical Field; Healthcare Benefits plans, Billing and Coding, Customer Service call center, and handling high call volume.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office products, which include Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Smartsheets, EMR systems a plus
- Experience with employee performance management, employee reviews, and documented coaching
- Project Management background in health care and claims related to position
- Must be fluent English/Spanish (reading, writing, and speaking)
- HIPPA compliance, documents and projects in trust and integrity on behalf of United Ag
- Strategic leadership skills are equivalent to advance an agenda for our organization that supports the interests of member organizations with varied business models and operations
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills, and ability to think constructively, strong interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to deal with complex and changing political situations
- Outstanding organizational, management, writing, and communication skills
- Works independently, self-starter, and collaborative leadership style, knows when to partner with Supervisor
- Ability to work under pressure on competing priorities and in limited and changing timeframes, build consensus, problem solve and resolve challenges fairly along with the expectation to be available as needed outside of normal business hours
- Team building and team management skills; ability to motivate professional staff and create an effective work environment
- Understanding of healthcare/business administration
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate by phone, email and in person with other staff members. There may be required times when the employee will need to work remotely based on the needs of the business. The employee must be able to have a distraction free area to preform required work duties during working hours. Employees should be able to perform the duties of the job in a seated position for a long duration of time.