Women in fresh produce and agricultural leadership roles will speak at a panel discussion on the industry’s future during the 36th annual UnitedAg meeting and conference March 15-17 in Anaheim.
The panel, titled “Women Ag Leaders: Paving the Way,” features:
- Abby Taylor-Silva, vice president of policy and communications for the Grower-Shipper Association of Central California;
- Karen Caplan, president and CEO of Frieda’s Specialty Produce;
- Ellen Way, past state president of California Women for Agriculture;
- Fiona Ma, chairwoman of the California Board of Equalization, District 2; and
- Karri Hammerstrom, agricultural advocate, grower and educator.
“This panel will be a lively discussion regarding issues facing our industry and the important role women will play to mentor and foster future ag leaders,” Kirti Mutatkar, United Ag CEO and president, said in a news release.
More information on the conference is online. It will also include a 5-kilometer walkathon and a member golf tournament benefiting UnitedAg’s scholarship foundation and an awards banquet.
The event is at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
By Mike Hornick