Member Services FAQs
WHERE CAN I GET A SUMMARY OF MY BENEFITS?
If you have health coverage through your job or your spouse’s/partner’s job, the employer’s health benefits administrator will give you a summary of your benefits.
WHAT THE MEMBER SERVICE HOURS?
If you have questions regarding your health benefits or need assistance finding a provider, contact our Member Services team at 800.223.4590.
Monday - Friday, 6:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Saturday, 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
These hours may be impacted by holidays.
HOW CAN I GET A NEW ID CARD?
If you need a duplicate or additional Health ID card, you can view and print one by logging into your account on our Health Portal at unitedag.org/healthportal. A digital or printed card is identical to a plastic ID card.
HOW DO I CHANGE MY NAME OR ADDRESS?
You can provide changes of name or address to your employer's benefits administrator through which you have UnitedAg health coverage. Your employer will send us this information.
You have 2 other options to send us updated information:
- Login to the UnitedAg Health Portal and use the Contact Us feature on the top menu. It will send a secure message to our Group Administration team.
- Call Member Services at 800.223.4590.
IF I BECOME UNEMPLOYED, HOW DO I FIND INFORMATION ON CONTINUING MY HEALTH COVERAGE?
Contact your previous employer's health benefits administrator and tell them you are interested in enrolling in COBRA coverage. You may be eligible to continue your group health plan coverage on a temporary basis. This coverage is only available when your other health plan coverage is lost due to specific events.
I AM A NEW UNITEDAG MEMBER. BEFORE RECEIVING MY ID CARD, I NEEDED TO GO TO THE DOCTOR. MY DOCTOR REQUIRED I PAY FOR THE SERVICE. WHERE SHOULD I SEND MY CLAIM?
Once you have received your ID card:
- Print and complete a medical claim form: California claim | Out of state claim
- Submit the form, and a copy of the doctor's bill (indicating payment), to the address on your health ID card. Be sure to include your member ID number.
HOW DO I COVER MY NEWBORN FROM BIRTH?
Contact your employer's health benefits administrator. An eligible newborn child is covered for 31 days from the date of birth. To continue coverage beyond this time, you must enroll the child within those 31 days and pay any applicable premium. Eligibility provisions may vary, as well as the plan of benefits chosen by your employer. Please refer to your Certificate of Coverage or other plan documents for more details.
HOW DO I ADD OR DELETE DEPENDENTS ON MY HEALTH PLAN?
You may add or delete dependents during your annual open enrollment period. You can delete members at any time by notifying your employer's health benefits administrator.
In addition, we will generally accept enrollments for newly eligible members within 31 days after the following life events (with proper documentation submitted to us):
- An employee's marriage or divorce
- Death of an employee's spouse or dependent
- The birth, proposed adoption or adoption of a child by an employee
- Beginning or ending of employment by an employee's spouse
- A change in full-time or part-time employment status by an employee or an employee's spouse
- Unpaid leave of absence taken by an employee or an employee's spouse
- Significant change in the health coverage of an employee or an employee's spouse
WHAT IS THE MEMBER ADVOCATE SERVICE AND HOW DO I ACCESS IT?
The Member Advocate Service is designed to work directly with our members to help resolve a wide range of health care and insurance related issues. Advocates serve as a liaison with health care providers, network partners and health related community services. They stay involved until all issues are completely resolved and are also available to address any follow-up needs.
Our Member Advocates are experts that can assist you in resolving your healthcare issues. Save time by contacting us at 800.223.4590 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.