Exclusive to UnitedAg member employees, the Agricultural Vocational Scholarship Program offers financial support to individuals seeking agriculture-specific education and training at certified vocational schools, trade schools or other institutions. The application period has ended, please check back in 2021.
Anyone currently employed by a UnitedAg member company who is or will enroll at an accredited trade or vocational school during the 2020-21 school year is eligible to apply.
At this time, only students presently residing in the United States are eligible for the program.
To apply, fill out an application form. Along with a questionnaire, you are required to upload
- A one-page typed resume detailing your work experience, education and community service;
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from supervisors and/or managers from your UnitedAg member company, and
- One (1) photo of yourself.
- Agricultural business management and marketing;
- Agricultural mechanics;
- Animal care;
- Animal control;
- Animal production;
- Crop production;
- Floriculture and floristry;
- Forestry, natural resources and rural recreation;
- Ornamental nursery operation;
- Civil engineer;
- Concrete placing and finishing;
- Construction equipment operation;
- Foundry work
- Hazardous materials occupations;
- Heating, air conditioning, refrigeration and
- ventilation installation and service;
- Heavy equipment operator;
- Pipefitting and steam fitting;
- Refrigeration installation and maintenance;
- Sheet metal fabrication;
- Structural and reinforcement ironwork;
- Electric power distribution;
- Electronics assembly;
- Energy, environment and resource
- Water treatment;
- Diesel equipment mechanics;
- Electric motor repair;
- Engine performance technician;
- Heavy equipment maintenance and repair;
- Industrial maintenance;
- Small engine service and repair;
- Truck and bus driving; and,
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.223.4590.